North Walsham kept their line intact in an eight try romp against Barking at Scottow, the scoring being evenly distributed between the forwards and three-quarters, writes Graham Price.

The Vikings were slow to settle in a disjointed first quarter, with no-one seeming to be jumping at the line out, and two early scrums lost on their own put in.

However captain Tom Williams set Jon Younie away to link with Chris Godwin and a touchdown for lock Jono Lawson, with Matt Hodgson failing to convert.

Ben Lloyd then struck a penalty for the visitors, but Barking didn't trouble the scoreboard further.

Will Hodgson made a break to halfway before Wayne Williams ran full tilt into his opposite number, resulting in a seven minute delay as Kane Bennett was stretchered from the field in a neck brace. Happily Bennett was back on his feet on the touchline before half-time.

Walsham were still misfiring, giving away numerous penalties in a disjointed display, before Ryan Oakes began to glean some clean lineout ball and Matt Hodgson settled things down with a penalty when Barking were offside in front of their posts.

A rolling maul saw Wayne Williams go over for a try just after the half hour as Tim Weber replaced Tom Browes at tight-head.

Barking captain Nathan Barham was in the sin-bin when Wayne Williams again went over following a maul, the goal converted by Matt Hodgson.

The latter then sprinted all the way from his own 22 to score the fourth try, which he also converted. With the bonus point in the bag, the Vikings went in 27-3 ahead at the interval.

The second half saw Greg Kirkham on at scrum-half and Tom Coller in the second row, as the Hodgson brothers continued to let rip with line breaks.

Godwin got over the whitewash next, before Freddie Henley-Hunter hobbled off, to be replaced at full back by the returning Tom Lomax. A period of stalemate followed, with neither side able to string together a set of phases, although Aki Downing was still making inroads with good carries.

Will Hodgson took try number six after a 30 metre solo dash, brother Mat striking the left upright with the conversion attempt. Mat then sent Will away for another try, this time converted, before rounding off the game with a 40 metre break, finished off by Lomax.

Coach Nick Greenhall was pleased with his side's discipline and all round game, and at half-time had set his team a challenge to reach 50 points, which they duly chieved.

The Chalk Hill Brewery men of the match were Mat and Will Hodgson.

The Vikings do not have a game next week, with the next league fixture due on October 24 away at Chelmsford, who have won two and lost four so far.

Team: F Henley-Hunter, E Benney, M Braans, W Hodgson, J Younie, M Hodgson, T Lomax (G Kirkham 43), A Downing, M Oakes, T Browes, (T Weber 34), R Oakes, J Lawson, (T Coller 46), W Williams, C Godwin, T Williams .